Why do children like to have toys in their life? The reason is same to which we as adults want things as our recreations. Toys play a very important part in the life of a child and an adult.
We want to have cars, bikes, best gadgets, best dresses etc. For a child toys fill that space.
One can have a liking for different toys at different ages. Some open-ended toys are favorite of every age.
Children connect to toys for many reasons:
- A can child can associate toys with happy times and happy memories.
- Games and toys which lets the child connect or imitate real life activities, will be best.
- Toys that connect to some of the real situations will be much more memorable and useful to them.
- It fills the space needed by the child, as a friend.
- Toys keep them busy even in a social gathering.
- They feel secure, if they have their toy is with them.
- We have seen our kids complaint about getting bored, in a new place many times, in these kind of situations, if he has his toys around, he will not complaint of being bored.
- Toys help them with their imagination.
- Toys are a medium for our child to start conversations with other children.
Some of the open ended games, which are favorite of any age are:
- Carrom: This game is very popular in India, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Arabian countries and surrounding areas. In South Asia, many clubs and cafés hold regular tournaments of carrom. It can be played by everyone in the family.
- Chess: Chess is a two-player strategy board game. It has 8×8 grid. Chess is believed to be derived from the Indian game Chaturanga.
- Lego: The history of Lego spans nearly 100 years, beginning with the creation of small wooden playthings during the early 20th century.
- ludo: Ludo is a strategy board game for two to four players, in which the players race their four tokens from start to finish according to the rolls of a single die. Ludo is also derived from the Indian game Pachisi. The game and its variations are popular in many countries and under various names.
- Snake and ladder: Snakes and Ladders is an ancient Indian board game. It is world classic today. The object of the game is to navigate one’s game piece, according to die rolls, from the start (bottom square) to the finish (top square), helped or hindered by ladders and snakes, respectively. The game is a simple race based on sheer luck, and is popular with young children.
There is always a favourite toy for every child at every age. Child feels connected with the toy. Please mention in the comment box below which is your favourite toy or game to play.
Happy childhood is every child’s right.