Less Plastic Lifestyle. Changes we make in our daily lives and habits. Plastic is practically present in every part of our lives. There are so many simple ways to use less plastic when we take a moment to stop to question whether it is really needed?
Individuals have ample power through the choices they make as consumers.
We can demand for less plastic products and packaging through our purchasing choices. *We can do this by talking to others about the reasons why we buy products with less plastic. We can make people participate in different big and small initiatives to solve the problem.
So, what changes we make in our daily lives and habits to reduce our contribution to wide scale plastic pollution.
Question yourself- “Can I live without them? Or discover alternatives, that supports or use less plastic instead. For example,
- you could switch plastic sauce bottles for glass ones.
- Instead of using cling film to keep leftover food fresh, put it in a container or bowl or old tiffin in the fridge. There is really no need to use plastic cling film, apart from habit.
- Avoid excessive food packaging: Local market, greengrocers and supermarkets offer loose fruits and vegetables.
- Choose unpackaged options wherever possible to cut your plastic use. Buying with this habit reduces food waste as you can buy what you need rather than the pre-packaged amount. It’s often pocket friendly also.
- Swap disposable for reusable: Whenever you are going to a coffee shop or take away joint, try to carry a reusable cup with you. Otherwise invest some time and demand for a ceramic cup for serving. Relax and enjoy your coffee there.
- If you know that you will be needing water, when you are out, take water in a reusable bottle from home.
- While you are out shopping, carry your own bag. Request the counter, you don’t even need their fancy bags with their name on that, because practically you will not use it again.
- Try plastic free cleaning. White vinegar diluted one part with three parts warm water makes a cheap, effective natural surface cleaner. Avoid the need to purchase plastic cleaning bottles. But, please buy vinegar that comes in glass bottles.
- Say no to plastic straws: When you are going for a drink/ refreshing juice refuse plastic straws. Even for kid’s party look for plastic free alternatives.
- Stop buying balloons now onwards. They are really very hard to decompose.
Less Plastic Lifestyle
Don’t throw the reusable plastic items that you own presently. Just avoid buying new plastic things, if there are eco friendly options available.
Follow these simple ways, to start contributing towards cleaner Earth.
Please join us in this change,share your no plastic daily journey by tagging @happyheart_forever in your Instagram posts, and using the hashtag #lessplasticdaily
Categories: No plastic