Golden Rules: To brief up the different ways of disciplining your baby, parents can use these Golden rules.
- Love works: the first and most powerful way to discipline a child is always through love. Try to assure him why he is asked to follow some rules. Also hug him so that he feels loved and respected.
- Understand your child: before you start to make conclusions about the situation you are dealing with, try to understand your children’s point of view. You might surely find some reason for his behaviour.
- Consistency is key: parents need to present a united front in their approach.
- Stop tagging your children: children can have a poor level of controlling their emotions. But this doesn’t mean one should be tagged for doing a certain kind of behaviour for a few days. She is naughty, nervous, shy, adamant etc. are some tags that are given to our kids. Listening to this every day makes them also believe that the kids themselves behave this way.
- Establish some rules: it is important to have some firm rules for children.If Children are allowed to do everything without boundary they will have to face some problems and their consequences. So it is suggested that children should have few set of rules to be followed even at home.
- Physical punishment is not necessary. There are many alternative ways to discipline your child.
- Distraction works wonder for this age. If you think your child is showing tantrums try to take his attention to other things, which might have potential for your child to calm down.
- Share your calm: you will not be able to make any constractive comunication with your child when he is upset, crying, angry or into any other emotional outburst. Let them calm down before you start teaching them something of their benefit.
Categories: Behavioral and Discipline Issues