Safe toys? Safety points to keep in mind while buying toys for your kids. When we buy toys for our kids we keep many things in mind. It can be about the purpose, occasion and need etc. We should also be careful about the safety issues associated with any toy.
When we are shopping for a toy for our kids, we should keep in mind that unsafe toys or unsuitable toys often have the following characteristics:
- Do not meet basic safety checks (toys should not chip or emit colors) and do not indicate “suitable for children.” Toy safety issues, safe toys are very important part in selection.
- Toys Promote violence, the practice of unhealthy habits, and discrimination on basis of race, culture, gender, etc.
- Avoid flying toys and projectile-firing toys
- Are inadequate for the intended child and do not respond to their interests, age or tastes
- Avoid toys with sharp or rigid points.
Safe toys? Points to keep in mind while shopping for a toy for our kids ( shopping for toys) :
- Safety first, always.
- Don’t stress out too much about the educational value of toys for babies and toddlers because all of life is new and educational for the very young.
- Bright colors and shapes…no small pieces.
- Easy for little hands to grip or hang onto.
- Things that encourage movement, crawling, walking, etc.
- Things that make gentle, musical sounds.
- A variety of ‘feels’ from soft to hard to cushy to stretchy.
- And, finally, books, books, books. It’s never too soon.
As parents, it is important to keep a few things in mind before purchasing toys for toddlers and infants:
- Safety-Plastic toys mostly have sharp edges which can hurt children. It can be hazardous for them and can be injurious in sensitive parts like eyes. It is always advised to buy wooden material toys. They have curved edges which do not hurt children and even if swallowed will not cause any harm to children.
- Simple Toys- In this era of digitization, toys are getting more complex and confusing day by day. The golden rule for children is the simpler the toy is, they are more likely to enjoy it. Complex toys can potentially confuse children with too many inputs. So simple, yet challenging is the mantra.
- Value For Money- With prices for toys going up because of the associated brand value, it is good to see if the toy is really worth the money paid in terms of entertainment and learning for the child.
Keep your kid’s interests in mind, while encouraging him to expand his horizons. Kids learn through play. It’s through play that they’ll develop motor skills, social skills, literacy and math comprehension. You really can’t go wrong, no matter what you choose.
A Happy childhood is the most precious gift we can give to our child.